Maintenance Mechanic - Automated Storage Retrieval Systems (ASRS)
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, the Maintenance Mechanic ASRS, performs tasks related to the proper functioning and repair of the Automated Storage Retrieval Systems (all mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aspects). This position works in collaboration with the Maintenance, Warehouse and Engineering departments and provides technical support to the Warehouse and Production teams while following the Company rules and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Acting as an ASRS and AGV specialist;
- Improving the reliability of the ASRS and Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems in place;
- Performing all required repairs as well as preventive maintenance of the ASRS as well as mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, thermal and production equipment;
- Reading blueprint drawings / schematics;
- Performing necessary repairs to the ASRS and AGV and automated equipment and any ancillary systems;
- Completing frequent inspections of the ASRS and AGV’s equipment and other machinery or equipment as required;
- Ensuring that all mechanical and electrical equipment is safe for operation at all times;
- Participating in the development and follow-up of the preventive and predictive maintenance plan in collaboration with the Plant Engineer;
- Working in collaboration with various trades during major works;
- Participating in the planning of machine shutdowns with the Plant Engineer;
- Fostering communication among team members, and maintaining or improving team spirit;
- Promoting a healthy and safe work environment;
- Answering service calls.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge on the Automatic Storage Racking System.
- Qualified and/or certified millwright or industrial mechanical technician or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
- Qualified and/or experience with forklift and scissor lift operator.
- Qualified and/or experience with lock-out certifications.
- Qualified and/or experience with fall arrest procedures.
- Knowledge of lift equipment, fall arrest, and fire extinguishers.
- Knowledge of mechanics and machine maintenance
- Knowledge of maintenance related equipment (i.e. Hydraulic power pack, lathe, mills, grinders, presses, etc).
Full comprehension of ASRS and AVG systems including the installation, diagnostic and repair of the equipment. Develop and maintain critical spare parts stock. Fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up; Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions; Installing machinery and equipment; Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation); Perform routine maintenance work on machinery; Operate machining tools to fabricate parts; Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
Equipment and Machinery Experience
3-5 years with Automated Storage Retrieval Systems (ASRS) and Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV’s), Welding equipment; Tool grinders; Pumps and compressors; High speed packaging equipment; Hand tools; Fans and blowers; Electrical and electronic controls; Conveyor; Automated and robotic system; Hydraulic system; Pneumatic system
English, Languages spoken in South Africa would be considered an asset.
Minimum of a College Diploma in a related Engineering field or Trade Certification
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
Electrical Mechanic Trade Certification; Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal Endorsement; Electronic general safety orientation (EGSO), Certification in automation equipment
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own transportation; Own vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication
A Successful Maintenance Mechanic will be offered:
- Excellent Wages
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Clean and Safe Work Environment
- Annual footwear Allowance
Should you feel that you meet the criteria listed in this posting, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sunview is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Efficiency, quality, and high-value.
We make a superior quality patio door.
Simply the industry's best!
WHY SUNVIEW PATIO DOORS
Sunview's vinyl and metal manufacturing processes are state-of-the-art, employing high-tech cutting, punching and painting machinery. Our fully-automated insulating glass line applies the dual-seal warm-edge foam Edgetech Super Spacer system. Superior quality dual-glazed LowE (emissivity) glass filled with argon gas in the airspace provides the utmost in energy efficiency. It blocks UV rays, decreases condensation, and reduces heat loss while minimizing outside noise infiltration.