Software Engineer - Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)
Reporting to the Plant Engineer, the Software engineer is responsible to maintain the computer software of the Automated Storage Retrieval System (ASRS). This position works in collaboration with the Maintenance, Warehouse and Engineering departments and provides technical support to the Warehouse and Production teams while following the Company rules and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) Principal Software Engineer
- Design, develop, and implement software components to work with existing ASRS hardware system
- .NET software development for ASRS content placement optimization, automatically generating content movement requests, handling human input for content extraction requests, and maintaining database of ASRS content tracking
- Siemens PLC software development for control of storage system autonomous carts
- Assist in design, development, and implementing physical devices to assist autonomous cart movement, tracking, and safety
- Coordinate with the shipping manager to ensure on-time storage and retrieval of system contents
- Experience with .NET, SQL, and PLC programming required
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
English, Languages spoken in South Africa would be considered an asset.
Minimum of a University Degree in Software Engineering
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own transportation; Own vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication
A Successful Software Engineer will be offered:
- Excellent Wages
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Clean and Safe Work Environment
- Annual footwear Allowance
Should you feel that you meet the criteria listed in this posting, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sunview is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Efficiency, quality, and high-value.
We make a superior quality patio door.
Simply the industry's best!
WHY SUNVIEW PATIO DOORS
Sunview's vinyl and metal manufacturing processes are state-of-the-art, employing high-tech cutting, punching and painting machinery. Our fully-automated insulating glass line applies the dual-seal warm-edge foam Edgetech Super Spacer system. Superior quality dual-glazed LowE (emissivity) glass filled with argon gas in the airspace provides the utmost in energy efficiency. It blocks UV rays, decreases condensation, and reduces heat loss while minimizing outside noise infiltration.